Kayak Rentals in Chicago
Explore Lake Michigan in a Kayak
Paddle the calm, clean and turquoise waters of Lake Michigan at your own pace. Kayak the lakefront scenery in downtown Chicago on your own personal kayak, taking in the city skyline and lake views. Pull off at a nearby beachfront and enjoy time on the sand before paddling further.
Rentals Available for: 1 hour or 2 hours
Single and Tandem Kayaks Available
Must be 18+ to rent kayak. Ages 13+ can ride kayak alone if adult (18+) guardian rents the equipment. Tandem kayak is suitable for Ages 4+ as long as with adult (18+) guardian. Beginner kayakers are encouraged to paddle a tandem kayak with a more experienced partner.
- Must be 18+ to rent kayak. Ages 13+ can ride kayak alone if adult (18+) guardian rents the equipment.
- Tandem kayak is suitable for Ages 4+ as long as with adult (18+) guardian.
- Valid driver’s license or ID/Matching Credit Card required in order to rent a kayak.
- Beginner kayakers are encouraged to paddle a tandem kayak with a more experienced partner.
- Prior to departure, a safety talk and paddling tips will be provided.
- Reservations online and advance payment required.
- Rental hours may be interrupted due to inclement weather.
- There is no guarantee we will be around after closing time. *Kayak Rentals must return by closing time or be issued a surcharge.
- No reimbursements for under participation
- Price includes kayak and life jacket.
What To Bring
- Dress for a variety of weather activities. Layers are always recommended because weather can shift quickly when on Lake Michigan. Wear clothing you don’t mind getting wet.
- Bring a hat and sunscreen for sun protection.
Bobby’s Kayak Chicago World Headquarters
Ohio Street Beach, Downtown Chicago
600 North Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60611
Map to view our Meeting Location
Rentals Depart and Return to Ohio Street Beach in Downtown Chicago
- Ohio Street Beach is a popular beach in Chicago’s downtown Streeterville neighborhood.
- The Playboy Building is located on the lakefront in Streeterville,and has seen quite a show in its heyday.
- Throughout WWI and WWII, Navy Pier was one of America’s largest pilot-training bases. Now a popular visitor destination, the pier is home to countless restaurants, boutiques, theaters, and amusement park rides.
- Lake Michigan is part of the Great Lakes chain, which represents the largest surface of freshwater in the world, covering an area exceeding that of the United Kingdom.
- The Wrigley Building is a skyscraper in downtown Chicago located on the Chicago River, modeled after a Spanish cathedral with French Renaissance details.
- Lovingly nicknamed the “Corn Towers” for their distinct cob-like design, Marina City is a popular mixed-use parking and residential plaza located on the Chicago River.
- The beautifully redesigned Chicago Lakefront trail is a stunning feat of recreational architecture, extending 20 miles with downtown Chicago as its central core.